The Polkadot Learn Pathway is the fastest way for developers to learn how to build within the Polkadot ecosystem. Gain knowledge, complete tutorials, and earn DOT. It’s that simple. Learn more by reading below.
Why Build within the Polkadot Ecosystem?
Substrate is the native language within the Polkadot ecosystem. The Substrate framework lets developers write their blockchain logic in any language that can compile into WebAssembly (Rust, C/C++, C#, Go, etc.).
Building your blockchain or application on Substrate allows your project to be fully compatible with the Polkadot relay chain, parachains, and other applications within the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Interchain Connectivity: By connecting your blockchain to Polkadot, your blockchain will be able to pass arbitrary messages to other chains in the Polkadot network.
- Fork-free upgrades: Upgrade your blockchain without a hard fork. Your runtime is a Wasm binary stored on-chain and can be updated using your chain’s governance mechanism.
- Instant security: Simply by connecting your blockchain to Polkadot, your blockchain will be secured by Polkadot’s pooled security.
- Plug-and-play modular framework: Substrate allows you to simply plug in the functionalities you need, while also giving you the freedom to customize as needed.
The Polkadot ecosystem is growing quickly with 100s if not 1,000s of DeFi, privacy, IoT, governance, and identity specific projects actively building on Substrate. Notable projects include Acala, Compound Chain, and Moonbeam.
At Figment, we care about the long-term growth and longevity of the Web 3 ecosystem, and we understand what developers need to build the next great decentralized application, which is why we have launched Figment Learn.
Learn provides developers with:
- Free and easy access to the protocols necessary to power their applications via DataHub, our highly available read/write node infrastructure.
- Access to written and streamable educational materials and a diverse community built around learning and fostering ecosystem development.
- Opportunities for developers to earn tokens for completing tutorials and contributing to the community.
We see Figment Learn as the Web 3 Knowledge base that will drive development and grow the Web 3 ecosystem to new heights.
The Polkadot Learn Pathway
The Polkadot Learn Pathway allows developers to earn DOT while gaining the knowledge they need to become relay chain experts. We will be distributing 1,800 DOT to developers who actively complete tutorials and contribute to the community by creating their own tutorials and supporting the growth of the ecosystem.
How to Get Involved
Complete Tutorials – 1.1 DOT
Developers eager to learn how to build in the Polkadot ecosystem while earning DOT need to first create a DataHub account. DataHub will provide you free and easy access to Polkadot, which will allow you to complete the Polkadot Pathway tutorials.
DataHub offers highly available access to:
- Polkadot’s RPC
- Figment’s Enriched API (transaction search)
- Figment’s Staking Indexer (rewards and balance data)
- Substrate’s Sidecar API (interact with blockchain nodes using the Substrate framework)
Once finished, you can verify that you have completed tutorials correctly on DataHub.
Once you have completed all the tutorials, that’s it! You have learned the basics of the Polkadot Relay Chain and have earned 1.1 DOT.
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, due to the recent actions of a small group of scammers, we are unable to reward DOT to developers based in Russia or Ukraine for completing the pathway. You are still more than welcome to participate in our learn community and can earn DOT by becoming a tutorial contributor.
Become a Contributor – $500 in DOT
More experienced developers have the opportunity to earn DOT by contributing to the Polkadot Learn developer community. Simply fill out this form to get started.
What to Expect
We hope to see the Polkadot Learn Pathway become the strongest alignment mechanism between Polkadot and its developer community who are now incentivized to see the value of the network and its tokens grow.
Blockchain communities built around developers and education create a strong foundation for ecosystem growth. We look forward to seeing what Polkadot ecosystem developers build with DataHub and the Polkadot Learn Pathway. Together, we can build a better Internet.