The Solana Learn Pathway is the fastest way for developers to learn how to build on Solana. Gain knowledge, complete tutorials, and earn SOL. It’s that simple. Learn more by reading below.
Why Build on Solana?
Solana is an open-source project implementing a new, high-performance, permissionless blockchain. Its goal is to provide a platform that enables developers to create DApps without needing to design around performance bottlenecks. Solana features a new timestamp system called Proof-of-History (PoH) that enables automatically ordered transactions. It also uses a Proof of Stake (PoS) consensus algorithm to help secure the network.
Solana ensures composability between ecosystem projects by maintaining a single global state as the network scales. Solana’s blazing speed and low fees scale as the ecosystem grows without sacrificing censorship resistance or security.
Here are the advantages of the Solana network:
- Code in your language: Code in Rust, C, and C++. Flexible virtual machine integrations, with more on the way.
- Avoid long wait times for your users: Blazing fast speeds and no mempool. 400ms blocktimes and sub-second finality. Web 3.0 with Web 2.0 speed.
- Capital efficient as the ecosystem grows: Solana scales thanks to Moore’s Law — there’s no need to integrate with multiple shards or layer 2 solutions.
- Enterprise-grade security: Audited by a Fortune 500-preferred security firm. Iron-clad immutability for global scale.
What can you Build on Solana?
Solana offers a highly scalable platform for Web 3 applications which can now unlock mainstream usage. There are already over 150 projects live on Solana, with a majority of DeFi projects, although NFTs, social apps, and games are starting to launch on the network.
At Figment, we care about the long-term growth and longevity of the Web 3 ecosystem, and we understand what developers need to build the next great decentralized application, which is why we have launched Figment Learn.
Learn Provides Developers with:
- Free and easy access to the protocols necessary to power their applications via DataHub, our highly available read/write node and enriched API infrastructure.
- Access to written and streamable educational materials and a diverse community built around learning and fostering ecosystem development.
- Opportunities for developers to earn tokens for completing tutorials and contributing to the community.
We see Figment Learn as the Web 3 Knowledge base that will drive development and grow the Web 3 ecosystem to new heights.
The Solana Learn Pathway
The Solana Learn Pathway allows developers to earn SOL while gaining the knowledge they need to become Solana experts. We will be distributing $50,000 to developers who actively complete tutorials and contribute to the community by creating their own tutorials and supporting the growth of the ecosystem.
How to Get Involved
Complete Tutorials – $20 in SOL
Developers eager to learn how to build on Solana while earning SOL first need to create a DataHub account. DataHub will provide you free and easy access to Solana, which will allow you to complete the Solana Pathway tutorials.
DataHub Offers Highly Available Access to:
- Solana Mainnet Beta RPC
- Solana Devnet RPC
- Solana Mainnet Beta Websockets
- Solana Devnet Websockets
Once finished, you can verify that you have completed tutorials correctly on DataHub.
Once you have completed all the tutorials, that’s it! You have learned the basics of building on Solana and have earned $20 in SOL.
Become a Contributor – $500 in SOL
More experienced developers have the opportunity to earn SOL by contributing to the Solana Learn developer community. Simply fill out this form to get started.
What to Expect
We hope to see the Solana Learn Pathway become the strongest alignment mechanism between Solana and its developer community who are now incentivized to see the value of the network and its tokens grow.
Blockchain communities built around developers and education create a strong foundation for ecosystem growth. We look forward to seeing what Solana developers build with DataHub and the Solana Learn Pathway. Together, we can build a better Internet.