We are pleased to announce the launch of Figment’s Staking Data product suite. Through the Staking Data offering, Figment provides customers with full-blockchain staking rewards for any and every address, staking rewards rates, slashing data, and more for many leading proof-of-stake blockchains. Our Staking Data supports many different use cases where a full-blockchain summary or granular data is required.
What is Figment’s Staking Data Product
This new offering provides staking data on blockchains including Ethereum, Avalanche, Solana, Polkadot and NEAR. Full-blockchain historical or on-going data is accessed via Figment’s API products, Rewards and Rewards Rate, or through batch delivery via Figment’s Rewards Export product.
- Rewards API: Offers access to rewards and balances data of all delegators and validators. Supports address aggregations (accounts or wallet levels) as well as time aggregations (epoch granularity and daily/monthly rollups). Supported protocols: Ethereum, Solana, Polkadot, NEAR, Polygon, Avalanche. Coming soon: Cosmos, Osmosis, Cardano
- Rewards Rate API: Provides a time series of the daily annualized Staking Rewards Rate (SRR) based on full-blockchain rewards and balances. Supported protocols: Ethereum (see Figure 1 below), Solana
- Rewards Export: Allows the exports of granular full-blockchain rewards, balances, and slashing data. Supported protocols: Ethereum, Solana, Polkadot, NEAR, Polygon, Avalanche
Figure 1: Ethereum Annualized Staking Rewards Rate (%) – Sample dashboard
Why use Figment for Staking Data
Indexing blockchain rewards data is difficult. Each blockchain network has its own nuances (e.g., different ways of reporting rewards, variations in epoch or era length). The data is voluminous. Dedicated devops resources are required to build and maintain endpoints to pull data from each chain, while data engineers and data scientists are needed to process and efficiently store the data. Figment takes these complexities out of indexing, standardizing, and delivering staking data and provides only the data you need accessed through APIs or batch-based reports.
Use Cases for Staking Data
Staking Data can be used for many different products and use cases, including creating staking reward index or benchmark products, modeling or tracking portfolio performance, monitoring for slashing events, and providing staking-related information to end-customers. Four institutional use cases are highlighted below:
- Utilize for index or benchmark pricing: Use Figment’s Rewards Rate API to provide network-wide annualized staking rewards rates to support index product or benchmark pricing for a single or basket of proof-of-stake assets
- Build validator performance benchmarks: Use granular full-blockchain staking rewards data to measure validator performance or create network-specific validator performance benchmarks
- Support insurance underwriting or track slashing events: Use data to support insurance underwriting decisions and monitor the full-blockchain or specific validators for slashing or negative rewards events
- Create proprietary models: Develop portfolio optimization or risk models using staking rewards and slashing data
Advantages of Using Figment’s Staking Data Product
- Verified Data Delivery (VDD): Figment utilizes leading quality assurance techniques to ensure the information indexed from each blockchain is accessible, accurate, and timely
- Unified data: Figment abstracts away blockchain-specific nuances and provides customers with unified, human-readable outputs allowing for easy interpretation and integration into your existing platforms reducing your in-house development, maintenance, and analyst costs
- Breadth of networks: We currently support Staking Data for five different networks – Ethereum, Avalanche, Solana, Polkadot, and NEAR – with additional blockchains being added each quarter
- Industry leader in protocol staking: Figment is an industry leader in providing infrastructure for non-custodial protocol staking with a team of protocol analysts and devops engineers who intimately understand proof-of-stake blockchains
Since 2018, Figment has been at the forefront of digital assets and protocol staking innovation. By adapting dynamically in an evolving market, Figment continues to back cutting-edge proof-of-stake networks, with a commitment to performance and security, creating the best place for customers to earn rewards via Staking their digital assets.
Figment provides the complete staking solution for institutions. With over 200 clients, the world’s largest asset managers, exchanges, wallets, foundations, custodians, and token holders leverage Figment’s infrastructure and APIs to earn and track staking rewards.
If you are interested or have any questions about our Staking Data products, contact us.